With each season, the runway brings the freshest of fashion and beauty trends to the forefront and this year, the spring/summer 2018 runway didn’t disappoint. With bolder colours, brighter shimmer and chunkier glitter, we promise your face will be anything, but boring. One of the summer’s brightest beauty trends is sporting the brightest shades on your pout. From shiny lacquered red to deep blue, they’re all on trend. To make matters easy, we’ve picked a selection of the newest, brightest lipsticks that are sure to give your pout a punch this sunny season.
Shine in Orange
Dive in with Fenty Beauty's Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick in SAW-C. It’s a true tangerine-orange colour, ideal for the experimental beauty lovers. It delivers a long-wearing matte finish and its slim packaging makes it easy to throw in a clutch for a night out.
You can even try:
- Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick in Orange Shot - A poppy orange-red
- Wet n Wild Megalast in Purty Persimmon - Perfect vivid red-orange
- L'Oreal Infallible Lipstick in Always Apricot - Sheer orange with a subtle shine
- Lancôme Juicy Shaker in Great Fruit - Sheer coral
Can't go wrong with Pink
Shocking pink, candy pink or bright rose are all beauty wins for the summer. The Make Up Forever Artist Rouge Light Lipstick in Rose Petal is the perfect shade of bright pink. Not too warm or too cool, it’s lightweight, hydrating and has a luminous finish.
You can even try:
- Revlon SuperLustrous Lipstick in Bombshell - Cool-toned berry pink
- NYX Super Cliquey Matte Lipstick in Chain Reaction - Purple coloured pink
- Kiko Milano Velvet Passion Matte Lipstick in Fuchsia - Candy Pink
- Milani Lipstick in Cabaret Blend - Deep Berry shade
Make a bold choice - Limited Edition
While we’d hope our favourite lipsticks would be available forever, some of the best buys only come as part of limited-edition collections. Dare to wear the boldest hue this season? Leave the rest of your skin bare and let your lips do the talking with a blue tone on your pout.
- L'Oreal Paris x Balmain Limited Edition Color Riche Matte Lipstick in Rebellion - Navy Blue shade can't get better
- Givenchy Rouge Lip Interdit in N25 Red Révélateur - Bold Red for suits every skin tone
- Givenchy Rouge Interdit No 13 with the black Noir Révélateur - Cherry Red shade
- NYX Liquid Suede in Stone fox - Greyish blue shade
These were our picks for this summer. Hope you enjoy wearing these shades and let your lips do all the talking.
By Pinal Surana