There are many ways you can make your home smell amazing. Aromatherapy is the use of of natural (essential) oils extracted from flowers, herbs, tree parts (bark, roots peels, petals) . These parts are considered cells - the essence that gives plants their fragrances. It is known as essential oils.
Aside from boosting feelings of relaxation, some benefits of essential oil aromatherapy are:
- Improves sleep
- Provides allergy relief from respiratory issues
- Provides pain relief
- Wards off illness by boosting immunity
- Boosts your energy and helps you feel rejuvenated
When choosing what oils to use for aromatherapy, there are benefits each essential oil has.
- Need to improve sleep? - Lavender & Ylang- Ylang Oil
- Need allergy relief from respiratory issues? Peppermint, Eucalyptus & Teat Tree Oil
- Need pain relief? Ginger, Chamomile & Bergamot
- Need an immunity boost? Oregano Oil, Lemon, Peppermint
- Need energy or need to feel rejuvenated? Citrus Oil, Ginger, Vanilla, Rosemary
The essential oils can be used with diffusers and there are various types of them:
- Fan diffusers
- Evaporative diffuser - Evaporative diffusers are good for personal use in a small area and on the go; but may not be ideal for large or outdoor areas.
- Nebulizing diffuser
- Ultrasonic diffuser uses electronic frequencies to create vibrations in water, which creates a fine mist (of water and essential oils) that is released into the air. However; because the majority of the mist is a water vapour, the scent has limited healing capacity. Studies have shown that mixing oil and water alters and damages the healing properties of essential oils.For a simple step on how to use the diffusers:*Make sure to read instructions on how to use the diffuser as labelled on product
By: Chizzy Obilonu