We all have different metabolisms, but boosting your metabolism is not as hard as you may think. There are a few things you can do to help rev up your inner calorie furnace. Food choices and early morning work outs are just two of the ways, but there are other simpler ways as well:
- Eat Breakfast! It really does work. It helps your body kick start the day.
- Work out in the morning. Even if it is not at the gym, when you get out of bed, jump around your bedroom while you are getting ready. This will help you wake you up along with burn some calories throughout the rest of the day.
- Drink! Whenever you feel just a little bit thirsty, you are slowing down your metabolism. Never allow yourself to reach dehydration. By drinking cold water, it actually sparks your metabolism because your body has to work harder to heat it up to its natural temperature.
- Eat Whole Grains, Not Multigrain. Whole grains are a complex carb and fiber- rich foods helps speed up your metabolism.
- Eat more, but Smaller Meals. If you take your three meals you were going to eat in the day and then divide them up into more smaller meals, like 5 or 6. This will have you eating throughout the day, but not eating more then you originally were going to.