Us at SHE Magazine are always looking for new and easy vegan recipes to incorporate into our everyday lives! We recently stumbled upon a delicious, easy-to-make, vegan avocado toast recipe posted by seriouseats.com! Here is how to make this mouth watering snack!
- 1 slice country or sandwich bread, approximately 1/2 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium pitted and peeled Hass avocado
- Small handful baby peas (see note), or enough to lightly cover surface of bread
- 6 thin slices radish from 1 to 2 radishes, or enough to cover surface of bread
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste, from 1/2 lemon
- Finely chopped basil leaves, for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Lightly brush bread with olive oil and toast to desired level of doneness. Top with avocado and mash with a fork to cover entire surface. Add peas, pressing gently to anchor them in avocado. Top with radish slices. Squeeze lemon juice over surface and sprinkle with basil, salt, and pepper. Serve.